Toddler travel beds are an excellent choice for parents looking for a travel crib for a 2+ year old or if you would prefer a portable toddler bed.
Although many travel cribs are still a good choice for this age group, a toddler travel bed may fit your child for longer. If your child is used to sleeping in a normal bed then they will probably prefer this option.
How Does A Toddler Travel Bed Differ From A Travel Crib?
A toddler travel bed is basically a fold out bed which is suitable for toddler sized children. Unlike travel cribs, they do not have high walls and do not contain the toddler.
If you are unsure if you should be buying a travel crib or a travel toddler bed, check out our article about which to choose. There are several types – some fold straight out, some require assembling and other require inflating.
If you would like a toddler travel crib – one that contains your child more than a travel bed and is a travel crib suitable for toddlers, check out the travel crib guide here. There are many toddler travel cribs available.
Best Toddler Travel Bed 2019 Comparison Chart
If you know you want a toddler travel bed but don’t know which one, use the toddler travel bed comparison chart below to help compare features. You can sort the table by clicking on the columns.
|Name||Image||Weight||Age||Price||Our Rating (/5)|
|Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed||12lbs||2-6||See It||4.5|
|The Shrunks Indoor Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed||7.7lbs||2-6||See It||3.5|
|The Shrunks Sleepover Kid's Travel Bed||10lbs||5-8||See It||4.4|
|Regalo My Cot Portable Bed||6.2lbs||2-5||See It||4.0|
|Regalo My Cot Deluxe Portable Bed||3.5lbs||2-5||See It||4.5|
|Intex Kidz Travel Bed||3lbs||3-8||See It||4.0|
|AeroBed Mattress for Kids||10.4lb||3+||See It||4.0|
|Bestway Dream Glimmers Airbed||4lbs||3-6||See It||3.5|
What are the best toddler travel beds?
As with everything, this all depends on what you are looking for. The main aspects are usually how compact the toddler travel bed is vs how easy to assemble.
If you are looking for a travel toddler bed that is very comfortable, easy to assemble and also makes for a great play area, check out the Leachco BumpZZZ.
This is like a roll out mattress with side barriers. It is very comfortable and can be folded over to convert it to a cushioned seat for your child as well. The downside of this type is that they are not as compact or as lightweight as an inflatable travel bed making this an option best suited for road trips rather than air travel.
If you travel a lot and you want a travel bed for toddlers that is as compact and lightweight as possible then it is worth investigating inflatable toddler travel beds. These fold up far smaller and are lighter.
However, they have the drawback that they need inflating, so the set up time is increased. If you want a travel bed in this category, the best one is the Shrunks Indoor Toddler Inflatable Bed. Read more in our guide to inflatable toddler travel beds.
Another toddler travel bed option is a collapsible travel cot, like the Regalo My Cot. Cots such as these have a canvas top that goes over a frame, raising the bed off the group. The set up time compared to inflatable travel bed is much less, often less than a minute.
However the downside is that they do not fold up as small or are as light as an inflatable travel bed once deflated. These beds do not contain children as well as other types either. The main advantages to these types of beds are their strength and robustness and easiness to keep clean. This means they can be used outdoors as well as indoors, as a place to sit or nap.
All toddler travel beds mentioned on this site meet American safety standards.
What age are toddler travel beds suitable for?
The best travel beds for toddlers are a good choice for children who are two or older, as they should suit them for a long time. All of the above travel beds are recommended for 2 – 5+ year olds but in reality, they will probably fit these beds for far longer than this. For older kids, read our article about the best kids’ travel beds.
If your child is still in a crib at home, you may want to consider a travel crib instead. If your child is two, a travel bed can be a better option since it will last longer. The downside, of course, is that it will not keep your toddler contained, so if your child is not used to the freedom of a bed, there may be a bit of pain initially.
If you are unsure whether your toddler is ready for a toddler bed yet, check out this article.
Top 5 Toddler Travel Bed Reviews
Shrunks Indoor Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed Review
This bed is inflatable, making it a smart option for families on the go. The bed dissembles at 7.7 lbs and can be folded up compactly into a drawstring bag making for easy transportation.
The Shrunk travel bed lays low on the ground ensuring little chance of accidental injury from rolling off, and with ridged sides it is secure and confined. Meeting the new tough safety standards, the bed is overall a safe and secure travel bed for travelling families.
Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed Review
The Leachco Bumpzzz travel bed is a top travel bed not only due to its convenience, but because it is one of the safest travel beds available, with soft padding, a large surface for playing and allergen free foam.
The bed is very easily assembled, it rolls out to form a comfortable bed, and can be folded in half to make a comfortable chair or play area for your child and folds up compactly making for simple transportation.
The bed lies flat on the ground with raised cushioned sides and an indented center that ensures your child protection against rolling off. Overall the Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed is one of the best options for a travelling family ensuring comfort, safety and convenience.
Intex Kidz Travel Bed Review
Easy to inflate and deflate, thanks to the included free hand pump, there is a support structure inside the bed which means that kids don’t roll out of bed in the night, onto the floor. Of course, there is also the option to remove the support from the material if you need to also.
Weighing just 3lb, you can easily take this bed with you on many different trips, or it can be stored simply for sleepovers, the choice is yours. Fitting standard crib sheet size, this bed is easy to make up too, and the included carry bag means it is all very easy to take with you, without extra bulk.
Regalo My Cot Portable Bed Review
Ideal for children aged between 2-5 years, you can also use this particular bed for camping trips or sleepovers, as it is very easy to put up and down, and take with you – again, there is a matching travel case.
Colour-wise, you can pick between blue or pink. The bed is made of a combination of steel and plastic, with a durable frame to hold weight, and canvas bed cover which is reinforced for extra strength – you can use this particular bed indoors or out.
To open and close the bed, you simply snap it shut, and pull it open, safe in the knowledge that it is strong and clicks into place, whilst also being lightweight and easy to carry.
The Shrunks Sleepover Kid’s Travel Bed Review
Travel beds are a popular option for traveling families, with The Shrunks Sleepover Kid’s travel bed being one of my favorites. The bed is an affordable option for families on a budget while still ensuring safety, comfort and easy assembling.
The Shrunks sleepover kids travel bed features a signature sheet-tuck that fits all standard twin sized sheets, trademarked security rails preventing your child rolling off. The bed is inflatable and inflates in just one minute. It is a larger option than the Shrunks bed above and instead of being for toddlers, it’s for kids aged 5-8.
The bed includes a convenient carry bag, repair kit and a compact, powerful jetaire electric pump and is safe from phthalate, BPA and lead. Overall this is a great option for a travelling family.
The Best Selling Travel Cribs and Toddler Beds on Amazon Now
- Dimensions Assembled" W 42" x H 10" x D 66"
- Pump Included
- Colors may vary
- Callout Size: Twin
- Kidz Travel
- CONVENIENT: No set up required! This cot’s simple fold and go system is quick and easy to use.
- DURABLE: Made with an all steel frame that is light-weight and will hold up to 75 pounds.
- COMFORT: This cot has a large 48”L x 24”W x 9”H sleep surface with full canvas sleeping area and includes a fitted sheet for added comfort.
- TRAVEL: Light weight for travel. This cot folds down to 9”L x 8”W x 24”H.
- FOR USE: Great for naptime, sleep-overs, vacations, pre-school, playtime…etc
- TODDLER BED ON THE GO – Mom and Dad need a good night’s sleep when traveling! No more sharing beds at hotels, on vacation, camping, etc. EnerPlex’s Kids Airbed is a family’s favorite travel companion. Utilize the lightweight blow up toddler mattress to visit grandparents, for naps at a babysitter’s house, or as a transitional bed. Includes an oversized travel bag & high output electric pump (120V).
- PUNCTURE PROOF AND LEAK-FREE - EnerPlex combines durable, puncture resistant PVC with reinforced welded seams and EnerPlex’s never leak technology. Velvety soft flocking makes the air bed cozy for your kiddo while still being waterproof, easy to clean and great for indoor and outdoor sleeping.
- FAST INFLATION – Fully inflated toddler bed in 30 SECONDS – Included 120V pump. PLUS EnerPlex inflatable kids bed fits all standard crib sheets, no need to purchase special sheets. On the go? The air mattress is simple and compact. Roll and store in the included carry bag for travel or storage.
- MAKES A PERFECT TRANSITIONAL BED – In between a crib and a regular bed? The EnerPlex is an ideal solution for the in between months when your child is not yet ready for a regular bed. Manufacturer recommended age is 36 months and up. Take it with you when you travel, store it for visiting friends, taking it camping or save it for your next toddler! The specially designed kids air mattress is made to help your child feel snug and secure as they snooze.
- BUILT-IN BUMPER FOR SAFETY – Never worry about your child rolling out of bed! Rest assured with a LIFETIME guarantee. Should you have ANY issue's with your EnerPlex Inflatable Toddler Airbed, contact us directly and we will make it right immediately. Our customer service team is obsessed with making your kids blow-up bed experience the best. That's the EnerPlex promise!
- AIRTIGHT - LIFETIME WARRANTY! THE ORIGINAL and AWARD WINNING Toddler Travel Bed - SINCE 2007, the Shrunks Tuckaire , Signature sheet-tuck feature - fits all standard crib-sized sheets. *Please make sure your SHRUNKS TRAVEL BED is an ORIGINAL Shrunks branded product and not a fake copy. The Shrunks is the ORIGINAL manufacturer of the Toddler Travel Bed, with numerous design awards and proud to have worked with Amazon for over 10 years. They may look the same, but are not!
- NO SQUEAKY NOISES - Squeak, squeak, squeak all night long is eliminated, due to the soft flocking on top. THE PERFECT FIT! The Shrunks bed is the right size and the right fit – toddlers need to feel comfortable sleeping in a transition bed that is the right size, so that they feel CONFIDENT and SAFE - a bed designed for them, not for their older brother or sister. *Bigger does not mean better.
- GUARD RAILS and TUCK FEATURE - Toddlers feel secure, cozy and right at home, thanks to the portable air bed’s unique design – standard sized crib sheets and blankets tuck into the inner air mattress. Our trademarked security rails helps prevent your child from falling and stay in bed - designed low to the ground, for complete safety
- INCLUDES - Small and compact, this powerful little pump gets the job done quickly. Approximate inflation time: 30 seconds.; Inflated size: 60 x 37 x 9 (inches), 152 x 94 x 23 (cm) + Includes a convenient carrying bag, repair kit and the compact, yet powerful Jetaire Electric Pump Constructed with the safest materials, The Shrunks Travel Beds are safe from Phthalates, BpA and Lead; Award winning design.
- THE ULTIMATE SLEEPOVER - The Toddler Travel Bed is perfect for sleepovers, travel, hotels and for kids transitioning to a big bed. Kids feel secure and cozy, and right at home - thanks to the Shrunks portable air bed’s unique design.
- SAFETY FIRST: The Sleepah travel toddler bed was designed with keeping your little one safe on the inflatable bed. Our bumpers are 25% higher to ensure your kids will remain inside the travel bed at all times.
- ALL IN ONE SET: This travel bed set comes with everything you need to spend the night at grandmas, or while camping. Included is an electric pump, carry case, pillow, patching kit, and even a small stuffed animal!
- SUPER EASY SET UP: The entire set inflates in under a minute. This travel toddler bed can easily be deflated for use at another time. A carry bag is included to store the portable kids mattress.
- DURABLE, REINFORCED: This kids travel bed is 50% thicker then others on the market to ensure it stays inflate. The seams are reinforced, and the valves are heavy duty for longevity.
- MADE TO FIT: This air mattress set is designed for toddlers from 18 months. It can hold up to 300lbs, and can fit kids up to 4ft tall. This will fit your standard crib sheets and blankets. The mattress size inflated is 61"x 40" x 12".